- High-quality fuel is important in the effective and efficient running of machinery, but how much thought do you give to storing it properly? Fuel that is left sitting still for extended periods such as in emergency tanks or backup systems can become contaminated if not cared for properly. Hytek’s Fuel Storage Tank Re-Circulation/Fuel Conditioner Kits prevent fuel from becoming contaminated over time and make sure that your fuel is ready for use at any time. The kits can be fitted to data centre backup generator tanks, hospital emergency generator ranks, or any other installation where fuel is at risk.Continue Reading »
- Anyone regularly dealing with flammable gases in the workplace will be familiar with what is known as the ATEX directive. ATEX actually consists of two directives.Continue Reading »
- Continue Reading »
You may not have ever considered the possibility when running a diesel engine, but despite its volatile nature, this common fuel is a host for a bacterial threat to your fuel systems and to your vehicles’ diesel engines.
- Continue Reading »
Road diesel & gasoil now contain a percentage of bio-fuel (up to 7%). This provides an ideal breeding ground for diesel/gasoil bugs (Check out our article explaining diesel bug in more detail). Equipment failure can be down to bugs in these modern fuels. Problems with contaminated fuel inside storage tanks can cause pumps & vehicle filters to block, & in severe cases, vehicles can stop working causing downtime & hefty repair bills.
- Continue Reading »
AdBlue® is the registered trademark for AUS32 (diesel exhaust fluid), and has become the solution of choice for diesel fleet operators working on cutting the concentration of mono-nitrogen oxides (NOx) in the exhaust emissions of their vehicles, with many businesses having already installed AdBlue® tanks to their vehicles in an attempt to meet reduction requirements on the continent. AdBlue® is a trademark of the Verband der Automobilindustrie e.V. (VDA)
- As its name would suggest, the function of a fuel transfer pump is to transport fuel from the fuel tank to a vehicle or from one location to another. There is an array of uses for fuel transfer pumps, such as refuelling forklift trucks to larger commercial vehicles such as a bus or lorry, right up to large utility vehicles used on construction sites or quarries.Continue Reading »
- Electric cars, or plug-in hybrids, are increasingly popular options for people concerned about the health and environmental impacts of petrol or diesel-powered vehicles, and indeed the cost of running them. The UK, in common with other European countries, has set a deadline by which to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars and small commercial vehicles. While that 2040 deadline may seem some way off, sales of electric cars are already rising rapidly with over 100,000 pure electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles already on the road.Continue Reading »
- Tigerloop®, made by Tigerholm, is a type of oil de-aerator, a product that removes air bubbles from a oil heating system. If you’re unsure how that works or why it’s beneficial, then this guide is for you. Here we will explain the causes and problems of air in an oil heating system, how a Tigerloop® works to remove air and how that benefits you, how to install a Tigerloop®, and how to clean and troubleshoot a Tigerloop®.Continue Reading »
- There are multiple reasons to use hose reels on site, ranging from health & safety on site (using a retractable hose reel can help prevent trip hazards), to all round ease of use, or prolonging the life of the hose. Firstly, eliminate the simple solutions & don’t overlook the obvious. Read on to find out more.Continue Reading »
- An anti-syphoning valve is designed to prevent the fuel in an above ground storage tank being lost as a result of syphoning action in the event of the leak in the pump suction line or from the pump itself. The anti-syphing valve remains closed, preventing any fuel passing along the suction line, until the pump is activated creating a suction which, in turn, opens the valve. When the pumping stops the anti-syphoning valve closes automatically.Continue Reading »