Environmental Policy For Hytek (GB) Ltd
Hytek (GB) Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal & regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact & we will encourage our customers & suppliers to do the same.Policy Aims
We endeavour to:
- Comply with & exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve & monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve & reduce environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness & training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will reuse & recycle all paper/cardboard where possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled & recyclable paper products.
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights & electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption & efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new product we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly & efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse & recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricted to necessary trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in building refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will not carry out any processes that have a detrimental effect on the environment.
- We will recycle &/or reuse as much waste material as possible.
- We will encourage our suppliers to reduce packaging on goods delivered.