- Our APT test measures the quality of living cells in a 500ml fuel sample.
- The test measures the total quantity of microbiological activity.
- The test must be completed within 48hrs of the sample being taken otherwise the test is inaccurate.
- You then receive a test report on the contamination level, giving a traffic light warning sequence along with recommendations:
- Green: Low < 10pg/ml.
- Amber: medium < 100pg/ml.
- Red: high > 100pg/ml.
- Our test procedures follow ASTM D7463‑08 ‑ Standard test method for Adenosine Triphosphate (cATP) content of micro‑organisms in fuel, fuel/water mixtures & fuel associated water.
- 1 Cellular Adenosine Triphosphate (cATP) is considered to be the energy stored by cells & is present in every living cell.
- Our test measures cATP in picograms per millilitre (pg/ml).
- 2 Picograms per millilitre (pg/ml) is trillionths of a gram per millilitre. 1pg = 1 trillionth of a gram (1.0 x 10‑12g), 1mL = 1 millilitre (1.0 x 10‑3L).
This test reports also includes:
- Biodiesel % Analysis
- Tests the % of bio‑diesel present in the fuel sample
- Microscope Analysis
- Powerful x1600 magnification makes it possible to view microbes present within fuel samples. Digital camera means photographic evidence is saved as part of the test report