- A simple to install & easy to use ‘Secondary Containment’ pipe leak detection system. It works by sealing the outer ‘Secondary Containment’ pipe & the inner ‘Product’ pipe together. The join between the two pipes is then monitored using a float switch sealed into the sensor housing, fitted below the height of the join. Any fuel that leaks will activate the float switch which is connected to a 230V alarm (Float switch not included with LS.KIT).
Sensor housing kit includes:
- 1m of connector tube c/w valve & clip (fits onto the pipework).
- Sensor housing pot must fit below the pipework (float switch fits inside).
- Mounting bracket (fits to the chamber wall).
- Also required alarm box & float switch
- The connector valve on the end of the tubing should be connected to the test port on the secondary containment termination boot (this is for pipework leak detection only). If no secondary containment termination boot is used, the valve, tubing & gland that fits onto the sensor housing pot should be removed completely, allowing the pot to fill up, activating the float switch & alarm. If only 1 chamber & 1 sensor housing kit are to be used then they should be mounted in the lowest point of the pipework run.